Week 6 Part B: Creating and Scheduling FaceBook Posts

Creating and Scheduling Facebook Posts

I am finding this assignment extremely challenging. What is it like to work with a client that has his own idea about what needs to be posted and you have a difference of opinion? In this case it is not just a client but my husband. 

What is it like to try to post often on social media when you don't have any idea how to explain what it is they do? And when you ask, you get abstract answers that no ordinary person will understand. 

I decided to make some simple memes to post. I could have just copied and pasted from the internet but I wanted to get some experience making original content. I chose to use Canva. In Canva you can schedule Facebook and Instagram posts as well. To that end here is the screenshot of my scheduled Canva posts.



The post scheduled on March 8th was an attempt to try to find the customer's "pain point." A business leader is unsatisfied with how his business is running and needs help. Discontent is the first step to change and change leads to progress. OK. Vague enough to fit somewhere into what Organization Development is about. I think. 

After that I really struggled. My husband would talk and I just could not figure out how to make a Facebook post out of it. Give me something concrete. Hours and hours of talk. Good thing he's not paying me! So... the "burning a hole in your soul" thing was really lived... by me! (March 9 post)

The third scheduled post is March 15. Forrest describes himself as a catalyst. I asked him to give me four lines I could make into a meme with the word catalyst.  I had to reorganize and reword most of it. I used the picture he supplied and that's about it. 

My plans are to have him post an original article from his blog every Sunday. I cannot schedule them until he actually writes them. Then I'll have at least "Motivation Monday" and Transformation Thursday."  EDIT: I doubt Transformation Thursday is going to be appropriate. There are so many body transformations under that hashtag.

Professor Claudia, I know you have a digital marketing company. I would love to hear how you deal with nailing down what a customer needs when they don't even know. And what do you do when they are married to antiquated ideas of logo designs and web designs? 


*To date, the only classmates' posts that have organically appeared in my Facebook feed is Alibi Brewing. I have liked and commented on all of my classmates pages, many multiple times. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Part A : My Blog Template

Week 3 - Part A - Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Week 14 Part A: What we Learn from Google Analytics