Week 9 Part B: Using Categories

Blog Categories

I have been on enough blogs to know that I truly appreciate when the posts are broken into categories. It makes information easier to find, plus it provides an overview to see if I'm interested in staying around to read more.  

For my own site, I have researched blog categories and I have found out that they organize your site and allow readers to find the information they want. They serve as a type of table of contents that organize your posts by topic and sub-topic. I makes navigation easier for your visitors. 

In addition, I found out that the more you blog and use categories the better your SEO becomes.  

Who doesn't get writer's block now and again? When you have categories you have a sort of built in writer's prompt. It helps with planning as well.

Right now Trident Pacific Consulting has a blog at https://tridentpacificconsulting.com/blogs/
Currently it only has one category. Forrest would like to have categories for:

  • Organization Development (Currently the only category)
  • Team Development
  • Professional Development
  • Personal Development
  • Uncategorized

I envision many sub-categories as well. I have to get to know the subject matter better to figure that our though.


I have liked all of my classmates Instagram and Facebook accounts. I comment often on their posts. 

I commented on the following blog posts:

Sue Godwin
Joseph Pass
Dan England
John Barnett
Ty Morrisette

Here is a screen capture of the last three Instagram posts which also posted to Facebook. I finally got it figured out so that it posts to both.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Part A : My Blog Template

Week 15 Part A: Developing Your Marketing Strategy